INNOVATIVE NEW ANXIETY TREATMENT
Searching for anxiety treatment in Pompano Beach? Occasional feelings of anxiety and panic are a natural part of everyday life, but those with a diagnosed anxiety disorder feel it much more persistently. Anxiety disorders are thought to affect up to 40 million adults every year. Unfortunately, not even 40% of those cases are getting treatment for their anxiety. Anxiety may not be able to be “cured” with treatment in most cases, but the symptoms can be managed with treatment and relief can be provided.
THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF ANXIETY DISORDERS
Anxiety tends to vary between each individual case, but there are a few basic types of anxiety disorders most cases can be identified as:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD): Characterized by consistent worry, anxiety, and tension, even if there is nothing to bring it on.
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD): Characterized by recurrent intrusive thoughts (known as obsessions) and repetitive behaviors (known as compulsions). These compulsions, sometimes called rituals, are performed in an attempt to prevent these obsessive thoughts or make them subside. The compulsions typically only offer temporary relief, however, and can further contribute to anxiety.
- Panic Disorder: Characterized by repeated episodes of intense fear that bring on physical symptoms such as chest pain, shortness of breath, heart palpitations, dizziness, or abdominal distress.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): Brought on after experiencing or witnessing a life-threatening or traumatic event.
- Social Anxiety Disorder (Social Phobia): Characterized by intense anxiety and self-consciousness in everyday social situations. It may be limited to only public speaking, but some people may experience symptoms whenever they are around other people.
- Agoraphobia: Characterized by avoidance of places or situations that trigger feelings of anxiety or panic.
People with high stress or childhood trauma may be more likely to develop an anxiety disorder, as well as people with a family history of anxiety or other mental health disorders. Anxiety disorders can bring a higher risk of developing depression or heart disease, and some may turn to substance abuse to try to alleviate the symptoms of their disorder.
WHAT IS SEVERE ANXIETY?
Anxiety, or feelings of worry or apprehension, is normal for most people. Anxiety is considered severe if it is part of your life on a daily basis and if your symptoms affect your daily living, job, and relationships.
Many things cause severe anxiety, including genetics, traumatic life events, stressful lifestyle, and certain medical conditions. The underlying causes and symptoms of your severe anxiety are unique to you.
Symptoms may include:
- Racing or irregular heartbeat
- Frequent fearful thoughts
- Feeling fearful or panicked
- Constantly worried or fretful
Your anxiety symptoms may present in a variety of settings and circumstances. Treatment is often necessary to help you better manage your life with less worry.
KETAMINE FOR THE TREATMENT OF ANXIETY
Ketamine, first developed and approved by the FDA as an anesthetic, is a promising new innovation in the field of anxiety treatment. Ketamine is what some doctors are calling the biggest breakthrough in depression and anxiety treatment in decades. When infused at a low dose into the bloodstream, research shows that Ketamine may be up to 80% effective at providing relief for anxiety disorder symptoms. If you or a loved one is searching for anxiety treatment in Pompano Beach we can help. Contact us today to learn more about the clinical use of ketamine to help provide relief for anxiety disorders.
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION TO LEARN MORE