Ketamine & Infusion Clinic of South Florida Wants To Partner with Providers for Patient Success

Major depressive disorder is a leading cause of disability worldwide, and traditional treatments don’t work for all. Only 67% of patients achieve clinical remission, but something still needs to be done for the remaining 33%. Our community needs new options for MDD patients, and we at Ketamine & Infusion Clinic of South Florida aim to provide just that.

We are here for you and your patients. Please contact us if you believe that one of your patients may benefit from low-dose ketamine infusions. One of our practitioners can come to your office or set up a video conference to help learn more about this new treatment option.

Ketamine May Be The Solution Your Patients Need

Ketamine, long used as an anesthetic agent, produces rapid antidepressant
effects even when administered at low doses. With a series of six low-dose ketamine infusions,
patients are better able to tolerate and utilize other therapeutic modalities. Although not yet
FDA-approved ketamine is effective in many patients when given in a carefully monitored
medical setting under strict protocols to ensure safe delivery.

What Is Ketamine?

Ketamine is a widely used medication first developed after World War II and approved for human use as an anesthetic in the 1970s. Researchers first studied ketamine’s potential use for treating major mood disorders in the early 2000s. Since then, it has gained popularity as an off-label treatment for various mood disorders like treatment-resistant depression, anxiety, OCD, and PTSD.

While traditional treatments focus on increasing levels of monoamine neurotransmitters, new research suggests an earlier imbalance exists in the excitatory/inhibitory transmission involving glutamate and GABA.

Glutamate is part of the major excitatory neurotransmitter system in the brain and is hypothesized to play an important role in the pathophysiology of this disorder. When the neurotransmitter glutamate binds to NMDA (N-methyl-D-aspartate) receptor sites, the production of certain proteins is limited.

These proteins make it easier for signals to be transmitted between neurons. Suppressing their synthesis may cause depressive effects by reducing communication between neurons in the prefrontal cortex. Ketamine works by blocking NMDA receptor activity, thus blocking the presynaptic inhibition of glutamate release and restoring normal levels of protein synthesis, thereby improving communication between neurons in the cortex.

If you have patients that have exhausted traditional treatment modalities and are still unresponsive, we may be able to help. Patients who visit us will receive six low-dose infusions, paired with ketamine integration coaching. This combination of ketamine and coaching allows patients to more easily participate in and integrate other therapies, like CBT, EMDR, talk therapy or IOP services.

How To Get Started

Who are you referring, and for which diagnosis are you looking to treat? Download our referral form here.

Review medical history/assess the need for additional testing. 

Comprehensive Diagnostic Assessment

  • History of Psychotic & Personality Disorders
  • History of Substance Use Disorders
  • ECG (if indicated)
  • Labs: (if indicated)
    • [Blood: Liver/Kidney function, Thyroid, Hormones, Vit D3-OH, Vit B12, Zinc]
    • [Urine: Urine Analysis, Comprehensive Urine Drug Screen*, Urine HCG* (women) *done in office prior to initiation of treatment]

Infusions are scheduled Monday-Thursday from 10 am-6 pm (the last appointment is at 4 pm).

Protocols:

  • Mental Health & Migraines: 6 infusions over 4 weeks (two infusions weekly x2 weeks, then once weekly x2 weeks)
  • Chronic Pain: 6 infusions (two infusions weekly for three weeks)
  • Migraines: One 3-hour infusion (then as needed when frequency returns) *can also be treated with low-dose mental health infusions

Each mental health appointment is 90-minutes (infusions run 45-60 minutes)

Each pain appointment is 4 hours (infusion runs 3 hours)

  • Mental Health Infusions: $450/infusion, $2,700 total for 6 infusions
  • Chronic Pain Infusions: $900/infusions, $5,400 total for 6 infusions
  • No additional charge for our integration sessions.
  • Insurance does not currently cover ketamine infusion therapy. However, we provide a super bill for each visit so patients can submit for possible partial reimbursements. Codes used: office visits, IV therapy infusions. 
  • No additional cost to the patient for Ketamine Integration Coach
  • Advanced care card: 0% interest for 12 months (advancedcarecard.com)
  • Mental Health Infusions: $450/infusion, $2,700 total for 6 infusions
  • Chronic Pain Infusions: $900/infusions, $5,400 total for 6 infusions 

We offer 24/7 support for our current patients

X
CALL US
Consultation